Brand Name: Molypen
Generic Name: Molybdenum
Drug Class: Trace Elements/Metals
What Is Molybdenum and How Does It Work?
Molybdenum is a trace mineral used to treat molybdenum deficiency. Taking molybdenum can prevent deficiency. However, it is very uncommon to have molybdenum deficiency.
Molybdenum is available under the following different brand names: Molypen.
Adult and Pediatric Dosage Forms and Strengths
- 25 mcg/mL
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
- Males or females: 45 mcg/day
- Pregnancy: 50 mcg/day
- Lactating: 50 mcg/day
- Children under 6 months: 2 mcg/day
- Children 6-12 months: 3 mcg/day
- Children 1-3 years: 17 mcg/day
- Children 3-8 years: 22 mcg/day
- Children 8-13 years: 34 mcg/day
- Children over 13 years: 43 mcg/day
- 20 mcg/day administered in total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
Molybdenum Deficiency from Prolonged TPN Support
Find out what women really need.