Care/of is a vitamin company that claims to provide personalized vitamins at your doorstep based on a personality quiz.
- They are customized: Rather than one-size-fits-for-all formulation, Care/of vitamins are tailor-made suitable for an individual’s need.
- They can treat deficiencies: Your diet may not meet your body’s nutrient demand completely. These personalized vitamins can solve many of your nutritional deficiencies.
- They may enhance health and well-being: Supplementing with the essential nutrients in the right amount can improve the overall quality of life.
- Some of their products are vegan-friendly, gluten-friendly, and non–genetically modified organisms (non-GMO).
However, even if these personalized vitamins have the above advantages, there are things about them, which you should be aware of. These include:
- They are unregulated: Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not regulate supplement industries. There’s a lack of scientific evidence to prove the efficacy of these supplements. Most studies suggest that multivitamins won’t make you super healthy.
- They may interact with other medications or certain medical conditions: Supplements tend to interact with other prescription medications that you are taking. Supplements may also pose risks if you have certain conditions.
- They may have harmful ingredients: As they are unregulated, they may have ingredients unlisted on the labels.
Apart from these, to get the most of these supplements, take them as directed by the healthcare provider’s instruction. Besides, read the label, including ingredients, drug interactions, and percent daily value. Do not fall for marketing gimmicks about the product being safe or working better than any prescription drug.
Though the idea of personalized vitamins seems to be fascinating, the questionnaires do not cover enough information for a full assessment. Detailed information is needed to choose the required vitamin for your optimal health.
What is Care/of?
Care/of is a vitamin company that provides personalized vitamins at your doorstep based on a personality quiz. According to research, 31% of the US population is at risk of vitamin deficiency or anemia.
You have to fill out a questionnaire about your health, lifestyle, understanding of supplements, habits, diet, and more. After filling in your name and your knowledge of supplements, you need to give a test. The test is divided into four parts: basics, goals, lifestyle, and values. The test consists of multiple-choice questions and takes about 10 minutes.
What are the symptoms of nutrient inadequacies?
Some of the most common signs of nutrient deficiencies include:
- Severe hair loss
- Burning sensation in feet or tongue
- Slow healing of wounds
- Bone pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Deteriorated night vision
- Reduced ability to fight infection
- Impaired cognitive function, memory, and mood
- Pale skin
These symptoms occur due to deficiency of the following nutrients:
What is the percentage of nutrition deficiencies in the United States?
In a recent survey, the percent of Americans who do not meet daily requirements for at least one nutrient include:
- 94.3% for vitamin D
- 88.5% for vitamin E
- 52.2% for magnesium
- 44.1% for calcium
- 43% for vitamin A
- 38.9% for vitamin C
Thus, along with a healthy diet, it is necessary to take supplements. However, do not substitute a healthy diet for supplements. Moreover, it’s important to follow the healthcare provider’s instructions when taking these supplements.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors