There need to be more studies on Lipozene to prove its effect conclusively. The effectiveness of Lipozene seems to be controversial. Some researchers claim that there has been a slight improvement in the weight loss of obese to moderately overweight individuals, while others claim that there is no effect.
One study claimed that individuals who took Lipozene lost around 3.7 pounds (1.7 kg) compared to the placebo. The results seem to be better when combined with a calorie-controlled diet. For a long-term outcome, the individuals will still need to make changes to the diet. However, the results claimed by these findings have many shortcomings. Hence, it is necessary to combine a calorie-controlled diet and endurance exercises along with Lipozene to get the desired outcome.
What is Lipozene?
Lipozene is a weight loss pill that consists of a water-soluble fiber called glucomannan. Glucomannan is a type of soluble fiber that comes from the root of the konjac plant. Konjac plants are the habitat of Japan, China, and Southeast Asia; these plants are also known as snake plants and voodoo lily.
Apart from the glucomannan, Lipozene also consists of gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium silicate, stearic acid, and titanium dioxide.
What are the health benefits of Lipozene?
The health benefits of Lipozene are mainly due to the presence of glucomannan. Some of the health benefits include:
- Controlling blood sugar level: The soluble fiber can slow down carbohydrate absorption.
- Reducing cholesterol level: Glucomannan in Lipozene increases the amount of cholesterol excreted in the stool so that only a small amount returns to the bloodstream.
- Relieves constipation: Glucomannan increases bowel movement frequency.
- It promotes good health of the colon by increasing the healthy gut bacteria.
What is the recommended dosage of Lipozene?
What cautions should be followed while taking Lipozene?
The following cautions should be taken while taking Lipozene:
- Store this product in a dry place at room temperature
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use this product if you are pregnant or lactating
- Taking this product without adequate fluid may swell and block the esophagus or throat, leading to choking
- Do not take this if you have a swallowing problem
- Consult a physician if you observe:
- Consult your physician before starting any weight loss program
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Obesity Research Institute. Lipozene. https://www.Lipozene.com/css/images/supplementFacts.pdf
Keithley JK, Swanson B, Mikolaitis SL, et al. Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults. Published online December 30, 2013. doi: 10.1155/2013/610908