Medical Editor: John P. Cunha, DO, FACOEP
Draximage DTPA (kit for the preparation of Technetium Tc 99m pentetate injection) is a kit for the preparation of Technetium Tc 99m pentetate injection. Technetium Tc 99m pentetate is a radioactive diagnostic agent indicated for brain imaging in adults; renal visualization, assessment of renal perfusion, and estimation of glomerular filtration rate in adult and pediatric patients; and lung ventilation imaging and evaluation of pulmonary embolism when paired with perfusion imaging in adult and pediatric patients. Common side effects of Draximage DTPA include:
- allergic reactions,
- skin redness,
- throat irritation,
- high or low blood pressure (hypertension or hypotension),
- bluish discoloration of the skin, or
- fast heart rate
The recommended dose ranges for intravenous or inhalation administration of Draximage DTPA vary according to its use. Draximage DTPA may interact with other drugs. Tell your doctor all medications and supplements you use. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant before using Draximage DTPA; it may harm a fetus. It is unknown if Draximage DTPA passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
Our Draximage DTPA (kit for the preparation of Technetium Tc 99m pentetate injection), for Intravenous and Inhalation Use Side Effects Drug Center provides a comprehensive view of available drug information on the potential side effects when taking this medication.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
The following adverse reactions have been identified post-approval. Because these reactions are voluntarily reported from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their exact frequency or establish a causal relationship to Technetium Tc 99m pentetate exposure.
Adverse reactions are presented in decreasing order of reported frequency:
- Immune system disorders: allergic reaction, anaphylactic reaction, angioedema.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: rash, itching, hives, erythema.
- Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders: throat irritation, wheezing.
- Vascular disorders: hypotension, hypertension.
- Nervous system disorders: headache, fainting, dizziness.
- General disorders and administration site conditions: chills.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, vomiting.
- Cardiac disorders: cyanosis, tachycardia.
Read the entire FDA prescribing information for Draximage DTPA (Technetium Tc 99m Pentetate Injection)
© Draximage DTPA Patient Information is supplied by Cerner Multum, Inc. and Draximage DTPA Consumer information is supplied by First Databank, Inc., used under license and subject to their respective copyrights.