- surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- skin wound and general skin cleansing
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical hand scrub:
wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.
scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to
the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingers
rinse thoroughly under running water for 30 seconds
wash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 seconds dry thoroughly
Healthcare personnel handwash:
wet hands with water
dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds
rinse and dry thoroughly
Skin wound and general skin cleaning:
thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
rinse again thoroughly
Storage And Handling
Store at 20-25° C (68-77° F)
avoid excessive heat above 40° C (104° F)
citric add. cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Distributed by: Xttrium Laboratories, Inc. Mount Prospect, IL 60056. Revised: Jun 2018
Included as part of the "PRECAUTIONS" Section
For external use only
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include: wheezing/difficulty
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- if you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- in contact with meninges
- in the genital area
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter
and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- wounds that involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
No information provided. Please refer to the WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS sections.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.