Guaifenesin, USP - Expectorant
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP - Nasal decongestant
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- for the temporary relief of nasal and sinus congestion due to cold, hay fever or other respiratory allergies
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
|Adults and children over 12 years of age||1 teaspoonful (5mL) every 4|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||½ teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 2 to under 6 years of age||¼ teaspoon (1.25mL) every 4
|Children under 2 years of age||Ask your doctor|
|* Reported in at least 2% of patients in IBSRELA-treated patients and at an incidence greater than placebo|
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24 - hour period.
Storage And Handling
- store at 20Â°- 25Â°C (68Â°- 77Â°F)
benzoic acid USP, Bitter Masking agent, citric acid USP, D&C Red #33, edetate disodium, glycerin USP, propylene glycol USP, purified water, sodium citrate dihydrate USP, sorbitol solution and strawberry flavor.
Keep out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Questions or Comments
WraSer Pharmaceuticals, Ridgeland, MS 39157. Â Revised: Feb 2010
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Do not use if you are now taking a pres cription monoamine oxidas e inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depres s ion, ps ychiatric, or emotional conditions , or Parkins onâ€™s Dis eas e), or for two weeks after s topping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your pres cription drug contains an MAOI, as k a doctor or pharmacis t before taking this drug.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema or where cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever.
- a cough persists for more than 1 week or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache.
Do not take this product if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- breathing problems such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
- ask a health professional before use.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.