Home remedies for losing belly fat
- Consuming more veggies, healthy fats, and protein can make it easier to lose some inch in the belly area. Below are a few more ways that can help you lose belly fat:
- Staying well hydrated by drinking sufficient water is important to keep your metabolism properly functioning and lose weight.
- Try to include lots of high-fiber foods in the diet. Studies have discovered that soluble fiber can help us lose weight by making us feel full.
- Sugar is considered the main culprit for belly fat. Studies show that sugar can lead to increased accumulation of belly fat, and sugar-sweetened drinks like juices and sodas contain large amounts of fructose that has the same effect on your waistline. It is recommended to avoid and limit sugar and sugar-based products.
- A great way to lose belly fat is to incorporate more protein into the diet. Protein reduces levels of the hunger hormone, ghrelin. People who consume a protein-rich diet have less abdominal fat than those who don’t include enough protein in their diets. A good protein source may include chicken, eggs, or beans.
- Avoiding carbs might be the fastest way to lose belly fat. Replacing refined carbs with unprocessed whole carbs can improve metabolic health and help to get rid of belly fat.
- Another easy hack to follow for people who have wanted to get rid of fat around the belly is to sprinkle some pepper on food. It is one of the best fat-burning ingredients. Not only will it help lose belly fat, but it will also cure you of any issues related to the tummy. Pepper increases a person’s metabolism, that’s how weight loss happens.
- Eating food that is spiced up with turmeric can help reduce your belly fat. Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties. Having curcumin in your diet is an effective way to lose belly fat because it gives you a healthy metabolism. For the best results, makes sure the turmeric has at least 95% curcumin.
- Replace vegetable oils with cold-pressed coconut, avocado, or olive oil.
- Eat more fatty fish like salmon.
- Include apple cider vinegar in your diet. It can be added to a glass of water and gulped down in the morning.
- Eat probiotics foods like yogurts, kefir, and buttermilk.
- Drink green tea, particularly first thing in the morning.
- Add dry fruits like walnuts or almonds to your diet daily. Four almonds are usually recommended. It is one of the best ways to get rid of belly fat.
Exercise is among the best things we can do if we want to live a long and healthy life without belly fat.
- Cardio is an effective way to get rid of belly fat because it promotes health and helps to burn calories. Exercises like walking, running, or swimming can significantly reduce belly fat. At least 30 to 45 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise for 3-5 days every week is usually recommended.
- Resistance training is among the best exercises to lose belly fat. It helps us build muscle mass, which helps the body to burn more calories while at rest. The combination of resistance training and cardio exercise leads to decreased visceral fat.
- High-intensity interval training is a type of exercise that has been found to reduce belly fat. It combines short bursts of high-intensity exercise followed by longer but less intense recovery intervals. This means, when you are walking, start running for half a minute and then continue walking. You can do this twice in a 30-minute schedule.
Lifestyle also plays a big role in whether we can lose that stubborn belly fat.
- Drinking excess alcohol can be seriously harmful. Studies have observed that heavy alcohol consumption can lead to excess fat storage around the waistline. Avoid or limit alcohol consumption as much as possible.
- Studies show that people who don’t get enough sleep tend to gain more weight due to the hormonal imbalances that sleep deprivation causes. It’s important to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Stress increases high cortisol levels, which increases appetite by boosting levels of ghrelin (a hormone that increases appetite) in the blood and promoting abdominal fat storage. To lower stress levels and get rid of belly fat, practice stress-relieving exercises, such as meditation, yoga, and deep breathing.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Healthy Living. Losing Belly Fat. Rush University Medical Center. June 26, 2014. https://www.rush.edu/news/losing-belly-fat