Lose weight in 7 days at home
Losing weight in a short time requires patience and discipline. You need to bring about some major changes in your diet and practice regular exercises to shed off a few pounds in a week. Ideally, one should aim to lose a pound per week. Try the following methods at home to lose weight in a short time:
- Set a realistic goal: Set an achievable goal and strive to achieve it rather than setting an unrealistic goal and fretting about it. For example, I will try to lose 10 pounds in a week is a realistic goal but a dangerous goal.
- Create a list of eating habits: Reflect on your eating habits. Make a list of eating habits that would contribute to weight gain. Keep a food diary to note down the food you eat throughout the day. This may help you to identify the foods or habits that are leading to weight gain.
- Create an exercise plan for seven days: Only dieting will get you nowhere. Create an exercise plan to which you can stick to for 7 days. Create a schedule for the workout and try to stick to it. Include different workouts for each day and maintain consistency. Try to include a burst of high-intensity activities in your regular aerobic exercises. For example, when you are walking, run for five minutes, and then again continue to walk. This burns more calories. Zumba, aerobics, and swimming are good options for rapid weight loss.
- Get rid of some eating habits: Some of the eating habits may increase the risk of overeating; hence, it is necessary to highlight those habits. Eating habits include:
- Eating too fast
- Always eating dessert
- Skipping meals
- Eating when not hungry
- Always cleaning your plate
- Eating while standing up (may lead to mindless eating)
- Practice portion control: To control the temptation of overeating, serve food on an individual plate instead of putting it in serving dishes on the table. This may discourage you from overeating. Measuring portions helps you take control of the amount of food you eat daily.
- Improve sleep quality: Sleeping for less than 5 hours per night may result in a weight gain of around 32 lbs. Similarly, sleeping for more than 8 hours also does the same. People with sleep disorders are most likely to experience weight gain. Hence, sleeping for 6-8 hours seems to be adequate for weight loss.
- Create a meal plan: Try to create a meal plan for 7 days. Meals specific for breakfast, lunch, and dinner should be included in the plan. This may help to stick to healthy eating and avoid unhealthy foods.
- Eat a high protein diet: Protein helps to build muscle mass, which helps in increased metabolic rate and decreased calorie intake. High protein diets prevent weight gain and abdominal fats.
- Curb on carbohydrates: Restrict the intake of the total amount of carbohydrates and consume foods, such as oats, barley, non-starchy vegetables, and nuts that are low in the glycemic index.
- Eat plenty of soluble fiber: Fiber has a bulking effect and stimulates early satiation, thus preventing abdominal obesity. Flax seeds, avocados, legumes, and blackberries have plenty of soluble fiber.
- Limit saturated fats: Limit the portion of saturated fats, such as full-fat dairy products, to restrict calorie intake.
- Avoid consumption of sugary foods and beverages: Sugary foods and beverages have high sugar content. Added sugars contain high fructose, which may decrease fat burning. Hence, avoiding sugary foods and beverages, such as candies, cakes, frozen yogurt, soda, flavored coffee drinks, and sweet tea, helps you to lose fat.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water can do wonders. Drinking water often leads to consuming fewer calories without any added sugar as compared to sweetened drinks.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
John Hopkins Medicine. 8 Ways to Lose Belly Fat and Live a Healthier Life. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/8-ways-to-lose-belly-fat-and-live-a-healthier-life