Egg yolk on hair
Beautiful, shiny, lustrous hair! The thought itself makes the heart smile. A bad hair day can ruin mood instantly. The ever-growing hair care industry is the undeniable proof of the ceaseless concerns for healthy and beautiful hair. Hair thinning and dullness can be a concern for anyone, regardless of age and gender. With modernization, lives have become busier and more dependent on readymade and chemical-laden products. This along with the growing stress and pollution has taken a toll on the overall health, including the health of the hair.
When it comes to hair, everyone wishes to use the safest and most natural remedies. One of the most popular natural ingredients is the egg. Several egg-containing masks can be easily made at home to add that extra beauty to the hair. However, before fighting bad hair woes with eggs, it is essential to know hair loss or poor hair texture may not be a mere superficial issue. Many times, the problem may lie deep within the body. Some of the reasons for excessive hair loss include
- Hereditary causes
- Hormonal changes (for example in pregnancy, PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome and hypothyroidism)
- Nutritional deficiencies (such as iron deficiency anemia, lack of adequate proteins in the diet and vitamin deficiencies)
- Certain medications (such as medicines for high blood pressure or high cholesterol)
- Inflammatory diseases affecting the scalp (such as eczema and psoriasis)
- Tying the hair too tightly
- Using harsh hair products and frequently heat styling of the hair
Consulting a doctor to manage hair loss better and treat the underlying health issues is prudent. Furthermore, more than applying eggs to the hair, eating eggs and other nutritive foods is also extremely important. The hair needs nutrition from within. Thus, well-nourishment will show on the hair too. Hence, for beautiful hair, include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds, nuts and protein (including eggs) in the diet. Besides being rich in protein, eggs also give vitamin B, especially biotin. Vitamin B is needed to keep the hair healthy and strong. Ensuring to manage stress with relaxing activities, such as exercise and meditation, and adequate sleep also goes a long way.
If taking care of nutritional needs and sleep properly, adding the following safe and natural home remedies containing eggs will also help strengthen and beautify hair further:
- Egg and yogurt hair mask: This hair mask can be made by mixing egg, yogurt and honey in a bowl. Whisk them well to a creamy texture and apply them on wet hair. Wash the hair after 30 minutes to an hour. This will make the hair smooth, voluminous and lustrous.
- Egg yolk and olive oil hair mask: Mix one egg yolk, one tablespoon olive oil and half a tablespoon honey in a bowl. If the mixture is too thick, add a little coconut milk to it. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave for 45 minutes. Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water. This hair mask will take care of the split ends and make the hair voluminous and shiny.
- Egg yolk and aloe vera hair pack: Mix one egg yolk, one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and half a teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Lemon juice helps keep away dandruff. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water. This hair mask helps to make the hair smooth and silky.
- Egg white and olive oil hair mask: This mask is especially beneficial for those who have a very oily scalp. Using egg white instead of egg yolk helps take away the unnecessary greasiness from the hair, leaving the hair healthy and nourished. For this hair mask mix one egg white, one tablespoon olive oil and half a tablespoon honey in a bowl. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave for 45 minutes. Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water.
- Egg yolk and fenugreek hair mask: Soak half a cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Blend them well in the morning using a blender. Take around two to 3three tablespoons of this paste and egg yolk in a bowl and mix. Apply the mixture to the scalp. Wash it after 20 to 30 minutes. This will help strengthen the hair and add to its luster.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
WebMD. Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair. https://www.webmd.com/beauty/ss/slideshow-foods-healthy-hair