HOW DO ORAL RINSES WORK?
- Therapeutic oral rinses: These oral rinses have an antibacterial activity that kills bacteria associated with bad breath.
- Cosmetic oral rinses: These oral rinses may temporarily control bad breath, but they do not kill bacteria.
Therapeutic oral rinses may work by:
HOW ARE ORAL RINSES USED?
Oral rinses need to be swished around the entire mouth, including teeth, gums, and tongue, to help:
- Promote oral hygiene
- Reduce oral discomfort
- Provide moisture to oral tissues
- Control odorous breath
Oral rinses also help to treat:
WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS OF ORAL RINSES?
Oral rinses may cause some side effects, including:
- Mouth/gum irritation
- Discoloration of teeth
- Sialorrhea (hypersalivation)
- Burning sensation in the mouth
- Oral rinses, if accidentally swallowed, may cause:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle tremors
The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible side effects, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure these drugs do not cause any harm when you take them along with other medicines. Never stop taking your medication and never change your dose or frequency without consulting your doctor.