Are Latuda and Vraylar the Same Thing?
Side effects of Latuda and Vraylar that are similar include dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, stomach/abdominal pain, loss of appetite, shaking (tremor), muscle stiffness, weight gain, restlessness, or agitation.
Side effects of Latuda that are different from Vraylar include drowsiness, mask-like facial expression, inability to keep still, blurred vision, breast swelling or discharge, missed menstrual periods, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Side effects of Vraylar that are different from Latuda include extrapyramidal symptoms (muscle spasms, jerking movements), indigestion, vomiting, sleepiness, headache, insomnia, constipation, toothache, anxiety, pain in the extremities, dry mouth, back pain, and cough.
Latuda may interact with diltiazem, azole antifungals, HIV drugs, antibiotics, rifamycins, antidepressants, or other products that cause dizziness or drowsiness, including alcohol, antihistamines, drugs for sleep or anxiety, muscle relaxants, and narcotics.
Vraylar may interact with CYP3A4 inducers and inhibitors.
What Are Possible Side Effects of Latuda?
Side effects of Latuda include:
- stomach pain,
- loss of appetite,
- muscle stiffness,
- weight gain,
- mask-like facial expression,
- inability to keep still,
- blurred vision,
- breast swelling or discharge,
- missed menstrual periods,
- decreased sex drive,
- impotence, or
- difficulty having an orgasm.
Tell your doctor right if you experience serious side effects of Latuda including:
- trouble swallowing,
- signs of infection (such as persistent cough, fever)
- fast or uneven or pounding heartbeats;
- agitation, hostility, confusion, thoughts about hurting yourself,
- seizures (convulsions),
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms,
- sores in your mouth and throat,
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss),
- very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, tremors, feeling like you might pass out, or
- twitching or uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs.
What Are Possible Side Effects of Vraylar?
Common side effects of Vraylar include:
- extrapyramidal symptoms (muscle spasms, muscle rigidity, tremor, jerking movements),
- weight gain,
- abdominal pain,
- pain in the extremities,
- dry mouth,
- loss of appetite,
- back pain,
- dizziness, and
What Is Latuda?
Latuda (lurasidone hydrochloride) is an atypical antipsychotic used to treat schizophrenia.
What Is Vraylar?
Vraylar (cariprazine) is an atypical antipsychotic indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia, and the acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder.
What Drugs Interact With Latuda?
Latuda may interact with other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety), antibiotics, antifungal medications, or medications to treat HIV or AIDS.
Latuda may also interact with diltiazem or rifamycins.
What Drugs Interact With Vraylar?
Vraylar may interact with CYP3A4 inducers and inhibitors. Tell your doctor all medications and supplements you use.
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. Latuda Drug Information.
Allergan. Vraylar Drug Information.