Pancreatitis (Acute, Chronic) Symptoms, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
Table of Contents
- Pancreatitis definition and facts
- What is pancreatitis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of pancreatitis?
- What causes of pancreatitis?
- How is pancreatitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for pancreatitis?
- Medications for pancreatitis
- Is there a diet for pancreatitis?
- What are some of the complications of pancreatitis?
- Can pancreatitis be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for pancreatitis?
Medications for pancreatitis
In general, the above treatment regimen is the mainstay of pancreatitis management.
Pain medication and medication to control nausea may also be prescribed.
In cases of chronic pancreatitis, your health-care professional also may prescribe pancreatic enzyme supplements in order to help the body digest certain nutrients.