- What other names is Phleum Pratense known by?
- What is Phleum Pratense?
- How does Phleum Pratense work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Phleum Pratense.
One kind of Phleum pratense preparation is put under the tongue to reduce symptoms of grass pollen allergies (hay fever).
A different kind of Phleum pratense preparation is injected under the skin to reduce symptoms of hay fever and other seasonal allergies.
Possibly Effective for...
- Grass pollen allergies (hay fever). Specific preparations of Phleum pratense seem to significantly reduce hay fever symptoms in people with asthma. The injectable form may also reduce asthma symptoms. Some evidence suggests that giving Phleum pratense over a span of 3 years to children with grass allergy prevents development of asthma.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.