- Are Protonix and Prevacid the Same Thing?
- What Are Possible Side Effects of Protonix?
- What Are Possible Side Effects of Prevacid?
- What is Protonix?
- What is Prevacid?
- What drugs interact with Protonix?
- What drugs interact with Prevacid?
- How Should Protonix Be Taken?
- How Should Prevacid Be Taken?
Are Protonix and Prevacid the Same Thing?
What Are Possible Side Effects of Protonix?
Side effects of Protonix include:
- injection site reactions (redness, pain, swelling),
- abdominal or stomach pain,
- joint pain,
- weight changes,
- tired feeling, or
- sleep problems (insomnia).
What Are Possible Side Effects of Prevacid?
Common side effects of Prevacid include:
- fast or irregular heart rate,
- watery or bloody diarrhea,
- muscle cramps or weakness,
- jerky muscle movements,
- feeling jittery, or
What is Protonix?
What is Protonix?
Protonix IV (pantoprazole sodium) is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) used for short-term treatment (less than 10 days) of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and a history of erosive esophagitis in adult patients.
What is Prevacid?
What is Prevacid?
Prevacid (lansoprazole) is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) used to treat and prevent stomach and intestinal ulcers, erosive esophagitis (damage to the esophagus from stomach acid), and other conditions involving excessive stomach acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Prevacid is available in generic form.
What Drugs Interact With Protonix?
What Drugs Interact With Prevacid?
Prevacid may interact with atazanavir, ampicillin, blood thinners, digoxin, diuretics (water pills), ketoconazole, iron, or methotrexate.
How Should Protonix Be Taken?
The recommended adult dose of Protonix is 40 mg once daily.
- Protonix Oral Suspension should be taken 30 minutes before a meal
- Protonix Oral Suspension should only be taken with applesauce or apple juice 30 minutes before a meal.
- Protonix Oral Suspension should not be taken in or with water or other liquids, or with other foods.
- Protonix Oral Suspension should not be chewed or crushed.
- Protonix Oral Suspension packet should not be divided to make a smaller dose.
How Should Prevacid Be Taken?
The dose of Prevacid depends on the condition being treated. Lansoprazole capsules should be taken before meals for maximum effect. Capsules should be swallowed whole and should not be crushed, split or chewed.
All drug information provided on RxList.com is sourced directly from drug monographs published by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Any drug information published on RxList.com regarding general drug information, drug side effects, drug usage, dosage, and more are sourced from the original drug documentation found in its FDA drug monograph.
Drug information found in the drug comparisons published on RxList.com is primarily sourced from the FDA drug information. The drug comparison information found in this article does not contain any data from clinical trials with human participants or animals performed by any of the drug manufacturers comparing the drugs.
The drug comparisons information provided does not cover every potential use, warning, drug interaction, side effect, or adverse or allergic reaction. RxList.com assumes no responsibility for any healthcare administered to a person based on the information found on this site.
As drug information can and will change at any time, RxList.com makes every effort to update its drug information. Due to the time-sensitive nature of drug information, RxList.com makes no guarantees that the information provided is the most current.
Any missing drug warnings or information does not in any way guarantee the safety, effectiveness, or the lack of adverse effects of any drug. The drug information provided is intended for reference only and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice.
If you have specific questions regarding a drug’s safety, side effects, usage, warnings, etc., you should contact your doctor or pharmacist, or refer to the individual drug monograph details found on the FDA.gov or RxList.com websites for more information.
You may also report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA by visiting the FDA MedWatch website or calling 1-800-FDA-1088.
RxList. Protonix Medication Guide.
RxList. Prevacid Side Effects Drug Center.