- What other names is Schizonepeta known by?
- What is Schizonepeta?
- How does Schizonepeta work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Schizonepeta.
Schizonepeta is used for the common cold, fever, sore throat, and heavy menstrual periods. It is also used for skin disorders including eczema, allergic rashes, and psoriasis.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Eczema. Scientific studies have shown mixed results. Some research shows that schizonepeta in combination with 9 other herbs (Zemaphyte) might reduce redness and irritation. However, other research shows no effect.
- Common cold.
- Sore throat.
- Heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.