Medical Definition of Bradykinetic
Bradykinetic: Pertaining to slowed ability to start and continue movements, and impaired ability to adjust the body's position. Bradykinesia can be a symptom of neurological disorders, particularly Parkinson's disease, or a side effect of medications.
The word bradykinetic is logically derived from two Greek roots: bradys, slow + kinesis, movement = slow movement, slow motion, slow moving.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
- Trump Axes ACA Cost-Sharing Subsidy Payments to Insurers
Get breaking medical news.