Medical Definition of Sleep disorders
Sleep disorders: Any disorder that affects, disrupts, or involves sleep. The most common sleep disorder is probably snoring, although it is usually not medically significant. Insomnia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and sleepwalking are also sleep disorders. Most large medical centers have diagnostic and treatment facilities dedicated to sleep disorders.
See also sleep apnea, sleepwalking, snoring.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
Get tips for better sleep.