Medical Definition of Cheilitis
Cheilitis: Inflammation of the lips or of a lip. Cheilitis can also be spelled chilitis.
Angular cheilitis is inflammation and fissuring radiating from the commissures (angles) of the mouth secondary to predisposing factors such as nutritional deficiencies, atopic dermatitis, or Candida albicans (yeast) infection. Also called angular stomatitis, commissural cheilitis, or perlèche.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
Weight Loss Wisdom
Get tips, recipes and inspiration.