Medical Definition of Hepatoblastoma
Hepatoblastoma: A malignant tumor of the liver. Hepatoblastoma occurs almost exclusively in young children, more commonly in boys than in girls.
The diagnosis of hepatoblastoma is usually made after abdominal swelling (from liver enlargement caused by the tumor) is noticed. Although small tumors can sometimes be treated successfully with surgery, the prognosis with hepatoblastoma is generally poor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/9/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
Get the latest treatment options.