Medical Definition of Morning sickness
Morning sickness: Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.
Morning sickness is a misnomer, because it can occur at any time of the day (though not at night during sleep) and it is not a sickness. It is a normal characteristic of early pregnancy.
Morning sickness is now believed to be a good thing since it appears associated with a reduced risk of miscarriage and a greater chance that the pregnancy will have a healthy outcome.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/9/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves First Two-Drug Regimen for Certain Patients with HIV
- MI Linked to Increased Vascular Dementia, Not Alzheimer's
- New Guidelines Released on Pediatric Obesity and Stigma
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.