Medical Definition of Expiration date
Expiration date: The date for a drug estimated for its shelf life with proper storage in sealed containers away from harmful and variable factors like heat and humidity.
The expiration date of a medicine is based on data, called accelerated stability data, from testing by the manufacturer, that show the product will be good for a particular period of time.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
- Trump Axes ACA Cost-Sharing Subsidy Payments to Insurers
Find out what women really need.