Medical Definition of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: Known for short as MMWR, this is a key weekly scientific publication prepared and published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (the CDC).
MMWR contains data and reports on specific health and safety topics. The data are on specific diseases as reported by state and territorial health departments. The reports are on infectious and chronic diseases, environmental hazards, natural or human-generated disasters, occupational diseases and injuries, and intentional and unintentional injuries. Also included in MMWR are reports on topics of international interest and notices of events of interest to the public health community.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/9/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors