Medical Definition of Hg
Hg: Symbol for the metallic element mercury.
The abbreviation "mm Hg" means millimeters of mercury, the height of a column of mercury, as in a blood pressure reading.
Mercury is poisonous to people. See Mercury poisoning.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- Diabetes Coaching Apps/Platforms Show Encouraging Falls in HbA1c
- Artificial Intelligence Eyed as Diabetic Retinopathy Screen
- FDA approves first drug for Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis
- FDA Launches Campaign to Encourage Smokers Trying to Quit
- CGM May Improve Hypoglycemia Awareness in Type 1 Diabetes