Medical Definition of Invert
Invert: 1) To turn inward. To invert the foot is to move its forepart toward the midline of the body. 2) To turn upside down or inside out. Inversion of the nipple can be normal or be a sign of an underlying tumor. 3) To reverse in position or order. A DNA sequence may be inverted.
From the Latin invertere, from in- + vertere to turn.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/9/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
Find the secrets to longer life.