Medical Definition of Therapeutics
Therapeutics: In medicine, the branch that deals specifically with the treatment of disease and the art and science of healing.
In pharmacology, therapeutics accordingly refers to the use of drugs and the method of their administration in the treatment of disease.
The word comes from the Greek "therapeia" meaning "a service, an attendance" the related verb being "therapeuo" meaning "I wait upon."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves First Two-Drug Regimen for Certain Patients with HIV
- MI Linked to Increased Vascular Dementia, Not Alzheimer's
- New Guidelines Released on Pediatric Obesity and Stigma
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A