Medical Definition of Spermatogenesis
Spermatogenesis: The process of sperm formation.
The term was created from the prefix "spermato-" (Greek sperma, the seed or germ) + "genesis" (the coming into being of something) = the coming into being of sperm.
Spermatogenesis is in contrast to oogenesis, the process of egg (ovum) formation.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Get the latest on staying strong.