Medical Definition of Amphetamine
Amphetamine: A drug that has a stimulant effect on the central nervous system that can be both physically and psychologically addictive when overused. Amphetamine has been much abused recreationally. The street term 'speed' refers to stimulant drugs such as amphetamine.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Find out what women really need.