Medical Definition of Abortion
Abortion: In medicine, an abortion is the premature exit of the products of conception (the fetus, fetal membranes, and placenta) from the uterus. It is the loss of a pregnancy and does not refer to why that pregnancy was lost.
A spontaneous abortion is the same as a miscarriage. The miscarriage of three or more consecutive pregnancies is termed habitual abortion or recurrent pregnancy loss.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Diabetes Coaching Apps/Platforms Show Encouraging Falls in HbA1c
- Artificial Intelligence Eyed as Diabetic Retinopathy Screen
- FDA approves first drug for Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis
- FDA Launches Campaign to Encourage Smokers Trying to Quit
- CGM May Improve Hypoglycemia Awareness in Type 1 Diabetes
Find out what women really need.