Medical Definition of Albumen
Albumen: The white of an egg, the part of the egg from which meringues are made. Albus in Latin is white.
Not to be confused with "albumin" which is the main protein in human blood and the key to the regulation of the osmotic pressure of blood.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/9/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves Treatment for Rare Genetic Enzyme Disorder
- FDA Grants Marketing of the First Device Helping to Reduce the Symptoms of Opioid Withdrawal
- FDA Approves Pill with Sensor that Digitally Tracks if Patients Have Ingested their Medication
Weight Loss Wisdom
Get tips, recipes and inspiration.