Medical Definition of Paternal
Paternal: 1. Pertaining to the father as, for example, a paternal age effect.
2. Related through the father as, for example, the paternal grandparents.
3. Inherited from the father as, for example, the paternal X chromosome.
Last Editorial Review: 9/14/2016
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- Diabetes Coaching Apps/Platforms Show Encouraging Falls in HbA1c
- Artificial Intelligence Eyed as Diabetic Retinopathy Screen
- FDA approves first drug for Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis
- FDA Launches Campaign to Encourage Smokers Trying to Quit
- CGM May Improve Hypoglycemia Awareness in Type 1 Diabetes