Medical Definition of Back pain
Back pain: Pain felt in the low or upper back. Causes of pain in the low and upper back include conditions affecting the bony spine; discs between the vertebrae; ligaments around the spine and discs; spinal inflammation; spinal cord and nerves; muscles; internal organs of the pelvis, chest, and abdomen; tumors; and the skin.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.