Medical Definition of Discharge
1.The flow of fluid from part of the body, such as from the nose or vagina.
2. The passing of an action potential, such as through a nerve or muscle fiber.
3. The release of a patient from a course of care. The doctor may then dictate a discharge summary.
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves Treatment for Rare Genetic Enzyme Disorder
- FDA Grants Marketing of the First Device Helping to Reduce the Symptoms of Opioid Withdrawal
- FDA Approves Pill with Sensor that Digitally Tracks if Patients Have Ingested their Medication