Medical Definition of Cure
Cure: 1. To heal, to make well, to restore to good health. 2. A time without recurrence of a disease so that the risk of recurrence is small.
3. Particularly in the past, a course of treatment. For example, take a cure at a spa.
The word cure comes from the Latin cura meaning care, concern or attention.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves First Two-Drug Regimen for Certain Patients with HIV
- MI Linked to Increased Vascular Dementia, Not Alzheimer's
- New Guidelines Released on Pediatric Obesity and Stigma
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A