Medical Definition of Asthenia
Asthenia: Weakness. Lack of energy and strength. Loss of strength. Myasthenia refers to a loss of muscle strength, as in myasthenia gravis.
Asthenia is from the Greek asthenes, from a- (without) + sthenos (strength).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
- FDA Clears New Robotically-Assisted Surgical Device for Adult Patients
Get breaking medical news.