Medical Definition of Participant
Participant: 1. In a clinical trial, someone who takes part in it. A participant may or may not have a disease. The term participant in this regard is synonymous with the term subject.
2. In health care benefits, a person who is eligible to receive health benefits under a health benefits plan. The term participant in this regard may refer to the employee, spouse or other dependents.
Last Editorial Review: 9/14/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves First Two-Drug Regimen for Certain Patients with HIV
- MI Linked to Increased Vascular Dementia, Not Alzheimer's
- New Guidelines Released on Pediatric Obesity and Stigma
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A