Medical Definition of Laparoscopic
1. Pertaining to the procedure of laparoscopy.
2. Pertaining to a laparoscope, the instrument by which laparoscopy is done.
3. Performed by laparoscopy.
4. Performed with a laparoscope.
Laparoscopic comes from two Greek words. The first is lapara, which means "the soft parts of the body between the rib margins and hips," or, more simply, the "flank or loin." The other Greek root is skopein, which means "to see or view or examine." Skopein has become -scope in English.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- MI Linked to Increased Vascular Dementia, Not Alzheimer's
- New Guidelines Released on Pediatric Obesity and Stigma
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves Treatment for Rare Genetic Enzyme Disorder