Medical Definition of Mole
Mole: 1. In dermatology a mole is a pigmented spot on the skin, Also called a nevus.
2. In gynecology, a mass within
the uterus formed of partly developed products of conception.
3. In biochemistry, the molecular weight of a substance. In more technical terms, a mole is the number of atoms in exactly 12 g of carbon-12. Mole in this sense is short for molecular weight.
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves First Two-Drug Regimen for Certain Patients with HIV
- MI Linked to Increased Vascular Dementia, Not Alzheimer's
- New Guidelines Released on Pediatric Obesity and Stigma
- FDA Expands Approval of Sutent to Reduce the Risk of Kidney Cancer Returning
- FDA Approves New Treatment to Prevent Bleeding in Certain Patients with Hemophilia A
Find out what women really need.