Medical Definition of Pneumothorax
Pneumothorax: Free air in the chest outside the lung. Pneumothorax can occur spontaneously, follow a fractured rib or other trauma, occur in the wake of chest surgery, or be deliberately induced in order to collapse the lung.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/9/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Find out what women really need.