Medical Definition of Pyloric stenosis
Pyloric stenosis: Narrowing (stenosis) of the outlet of the stomach so that food cannot pass easily from it into the duodenum. Pyloric stenosis results in feeding problems and projectile vomiting in infants. The obstruction can be corrected with a relatively simple surgical procedure.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Get the latest treatment options.