- Everyone age 65 or more;
- People with chronic diseases of the heart;
- People with chronic diseases of the lung;
- People with chronic diseases of the kidneys;
- People with diabetes;
- People with immunosuppression;
- People with severe forms of anemia;
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities;
- Children and teenagers receiving long-term aspirin therapy (who may therefore be at risk for developing Reye syndrome after an influenza virus infection);
- People in close or frequent contact with anyone at high risk.
People with an allergy to eggs should not receive influenza vaccine.