Medical Definition of Ventricular tachycardia
Ventricular tachycardia: An abnormal heart rhythm that is rapid and regular and that originates from an area of the lower chamber (ventricle) of the heart. Ventricular tachycardias can be life-threatening arrhythmias that are commonly associated with damage to the heart muscle due to coronary artery disease.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Get the latest treatment options.