Medical Definition of Albuminuria
Albuminuria: More than the normal amount of albumin in the urine. Albuminuria can be a sign that protein is leaking through the kidney, most often through the glomeruli, or a sign of significant kidney disease. It may also be the harmless result of vigorous exercise. Also known as proteinuria.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Find out what women really need.