Medical Definition of Dyspnoea
Dyspnoea: Difficult or labored breathing; shortness of breath.
Dyspnoea may be a sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs, or heart. The onset of dyspnoea should not be ignored and is reason to seek medical attention.
Dyspnoea is the British spelling. The American spelling is dyspnea.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors