Medical Definition of Uveitis
Uveitis: Inflammation of the uvea. Uveitis is a serious form of eye inflammation and requires aggressive treatment with medications to reduce the inflammation that can permanently impair vision. Uveitis can occur by itself or as a feature of an underlying disease, such as Behcet's disease, sarcoidosis, and others.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- Eat More Fiber, Not Less, During Pelvic Radiotherapy?
- Regular Walking, Even if Minimal, Tied to Lower Death Risk
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Therapy to Treat Adults with Certain Types of Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- FDA Clears Ustekinumab (Stelara) for Plaque Psoriasis in Teens
- 'Alarming' Increase in Stroke Risk Factors
Get breaking medical news.