Accupril

Comment from: 911girl, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

Since taking this medication I have noticed extreme brain fog!

Comment from: DT, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 25

Took 20 mg for 1 year. Have only been able to get BP down to around 155/84. Made me so tired needed to take at bedtime. I also always have some slight swelling of hands and around eye area. Stopped taking and tried other BP meds but now back on Accupril as side effects on other BP Meds worse. Back to square 1 now.

Related Reading: accupril

Comment from: yuga, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 21

Somewhat effective at 20mg in lowering pressure readings about 8-10 points both systolic and diastolic. First few months seemed to be sleep inducing.

Comment from: Trishgirl, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I was taking the other medication(forgot what it was,)and keep coughing and coughing. I've been coughing and coughing!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: onpointcoach, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 26

I am in my first week and tired a lot. I seem to be short of breath but that may just be in my mind. Parts of the day my pressure is better than other times. Sometimes I feel wonderful...with lots of energy. I feel less social most of the time unless it is during the time I feel good.

Comment from: NanaBooBoo, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 20

I've used this medication and/or it's substitute, Quinapril, for more than twenty years. After a few years I had to use HCTZ in conjunction with it, but I have never had any problems since. My blood pressure has remained stable ever since.

Related Reading: quinapril

Comment from: tadder, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

I have always had lower blood pressure to a normal reading. Perimenaupause changed all that, it seems like it went high all the sudden. I had an pretty easy time getting adjusted to this medication, sleepy if I laided down, however I welcomed the rest. I had not been resting well at all.

Comment from: judysue, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 11

I had been on Accupril or quinapril 10 for at least 25 years. I had no problems and it kept the blood pressure under control. Last month I was rushed to the hosp. with swelling of my tongue which I now know is a side effect. It can happen any time. It happened again the other night. Drs. advised it can stay in system for 6 weeks. I have changed BP medicine.

Related Reading: quinapril

Comment from: arduous1994, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 20

Use HCTZ 25mg along with generic of Accupril (Quinapril) for years. Started to not be enough. Increased Accupril and heart started fluttering (double beating). Stopped all meds for a week and BP went to 156/110. Started on HCTZ 25mg and Attenolol 25mg(had taken this before). Dropped to 140/97 with a 67 pulse. Added 5 MG of Quinapril to the mix and dropped to 122/84 but pulse dipped to 49. Not sure what to do now. Feel light headed, but relaxed.

Comment from: ziggy9, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 15

Was on Accupril 10mg for 10yrs, then raised up to 20mg the past year. No real side affects, worked on and off. My blood pressure keeps jumping around over the years--so Dr switched me to Lisinopril HTC. I miss accupril--had no side affects.;(

Related Reading: lisinopril

Comment from: ghis, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

wow i was sure i was going to die and i was getting bad and worse i was feeling to harm people and my heart was fast and them slow

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 04

Effective in controlling my BP with another BP med at bedtime. However after 1 1/2 years of a chronic cough my doctor said that accupril can cause a cough after taking for a number of years. years and another BP med at bedtime. My cough disappeared when stopping accupril.

Related Reading: cough | accupril

Comment from: marjon, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 25

Took this medication for about 10 years without any side effects. About a year ago, I developed an annoying constant dry cough. Have changed medication and cough disappeared.

Comment from: Jack Ammann, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 23

I'm up to 40mg. I started with 10mg about 2 years ago. Jack J Ammann Jr... [email protected]

Comment from: DJS, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 23

Have been on it for 6 years. Went from 20mg to 40 after first year. Worked until now developed a cough and dr. said it is time to change

Comment from: vince, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

80mg of accupril 2 aday when i wake up in the mon. bp is 160 over 80

Comment from: Special K, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

blood pressure varies with the season. It's in the 120's in Summer and goes up to the high 140's in cold & snow. Exercize varies as does weight(170 goes to 176 lbs). Needed Bisoprolol also to get BP controlled.

Related Reading: bisoprolol

Comment from: Doyle Gray, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 12

Has lowerred my pressures to 128 S. over 66 Dia.

Comment from: quinapril, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 25

Cough, low sodium

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: btom, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 13

have a dry cough

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

IT takes my blood pressure real low then after 4 hours or so pressure goes up. May go as low as 88/66 and up to 160 so i class it as ineffective.

Comment from: camaroheavon87, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 07

It helped with my headachs which ive had for years. This product has been very effective in the outcome of my wellness.

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 17

am now taking generic version...lisinopril and don't believe it is as effective..are there any dissimilarities that could account for this?

Related Reading: lisinopril

Comment from: reed278, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 21

so far so good i guess

Comment from: beaumont1977att.net, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 02

The side effects after 10 years or more were a big problem in the midsouth area. Many were sent to the ER.

FDA Logo