Acetic Acid

Comment from: DesertSable, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

I had itchy ears & asked my doctor to take a look. My doctor told me not to use qtips to "clean" my ears!! They scratch the surface of the ear canal & cause inflammation & itch. She gave me these drops, & they worked like a charm! No more itch!! I made a pact with my doctor that I'll use qtips only occasionally, & when I use them, I'll limit their use to 1-2 turns.

Related Reading: itch

Comment from: acetic acid otic, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 21

I used acetic acid otic 2% for ear fungus diagnosed by my last doctor after a previous doctor had tried repeatedly to cure my ear discharge with three types of anti-bacterail drops. The acetic acid cured my ear discharge promptly.

Related Reading: acetic acid

Comment from: hsks193, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

I just started using this today. The pain in my ear started on Mon. After using the drops, I did continue to have sharp pains periodically. My ear is more tender and sore to touch then earlier today. Could be just the infection running it's course...

Comment from: Molly, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I have been taking these drops for awhile now. I have an allergic reaction to yeast, which tends to build up in my ears. Taking these drops help control this. I have much faith in it

Comment from: Michael R., 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

When applied, it hurt terribly. It felt like the worst earache I've ever had or worse. After 4 applications, I could not take the pain anymore and stopped its use.

Comment from: ruthiecrue, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 20

I have a bad inner ear infection. The doctor gave me antiobiotics and this type of ear drops to use. I used them for the first time a few minutes ago. After having them in my ear canal for about 30 seconds I got an earache. After I sat up and some of the drops came out my ear stopped hurting. I'm going to give it a few more tries before I give up. I hate earaches....

Related Reading: inner ear infection