Adacel

Comment from: pl45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 23

I was on this medication along with several other types of eye drops. This was by far the worst. It was somewhat effective in controlling the fungal infection, but it was very painful, very irritating to the eye. The whole time I used it, my eyes were red and swollen. I saw a specialist who took me off all meds drops for 24 hours and then replaced this medicine with Voriconazole which is not painful and is finally getting rid of the fungal infection I've been battling for two months.

Comment from: skeeter45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 25

I have been on 3 other kinds of eye drops for my eye problems for 3 months now, so the Dr prescribed this medicine...which with insurance cost me $100....I have used 3 doses and my eyes feel awful, like they're raw. I am suppose to use it 4 times a day for 2 weeks. I only used it this morning and my eyes have stayed blood red all day. I am not using these drops anymore!!

Comment from: kebbie45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 20

It causes awful pain for about 20 minutes.I had to take pain pills beforehand

Comment from: nocansee35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 23

I have been on these drops for 10 days every 2 hours. This medicine is made up of tiny beads where the medicine is inside these beads. Think about how tiny beads would feel in your eye. It feels like sand, no gravel, no boulders are in your eyes scratching and irritating. Extremly painful to administer. I'm at the point of intolerable. I would like to hear from other people who have dealt with this same sensation when using these drops.

Comment from: buzz55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 26

The medication stings the eye. One drop is a big blob when applying it with the stopper supplied in the box. The med is very costly, over $498 a bottle and the insurance would not reimburse or would refill after 2 weeks. The pharmacy has to special order it and I have to wait. It has not been effective in my case, my eye is still red and raw and watery from the irritation of the med. I would never recommend it to any patients. The drug company needs to work on a better stopper for instilling the eye drop. I am asking for a refund, this drug is lousy.