Adoxa

Published: March 28

after only a few days my cysts felt smaller or had went away. this has been the only oral medication to work for me

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

This medicine treats cystic acne quickly and effectively. The only drawback is that it is very harsh on the stomach.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: pickles, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I have a sensitive stomach, but take it as directed and have had no stomach problems.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 17

My son has only been on this medication for 3 weeks but has seen considerable improvement in the clearing up of his acne. He is on 150 mg, 1x daily and takes it approx. 1 hr after eating and has had no stomach issues.

Comment from: KIM, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

TO EVERYONE ON ADOXA, TAKE THE MEDS AT NIGHT...I HAVE DONE IT FOR A MONTH AND NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH IT UPSETTING MY STOMACH!!!!:)

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

After developing a resistance to another anti-biotic, my doctor put me on Adoxa. I saw a difference almost immediately. My acne took about a month to clear up completely, but each day it got less noticeable and definitely less painful. Although the instructions say don't take it with food, I would ask your doctor's advice. Mine told me to always take it with food. One morning, I was in a rush and only grabbed an apple. When I took it on such an empty stomach I got VERY sick and threw up twice. So clearly I know why he told me to take it with food. Bottomline--everyone is different so make sure to ask your doctor. Other than that, I think it's a great drug and I am SO happy that it worked for me.

Related Reading: adoxa

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

The price for this product is absolute absurd. You can get a rebate card from your dermatologist that brings the pills down to only ten dollars. Unfortunately, if the pill is not covered under your insurance, you cannot use the card. And, OF COURSE, it's not covered under mine. I had two weeks worth of samples, and I started seeing results right away! I am completely bummed that I can't purchase these pills :( For anyone who is lucky enough to use the rebate card, DO it!

Comment from: suznata, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 22

My son takes this after he's eaten and has no stomach upset. It was slow to work at first maybe because he was taking it with food,but it eventually kicked in and his face is clear now.

Comment from: belairbum, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 21

My daughter was prescribed Adoxa and when we got to the pharmacy to pick it up, we found out that the cost for #60 pills was $500.32. I almost fainted!!! With no RX coverage, how can anyone afford this! It should be illegal for pharmaceutical companies to jack up the prices so much! I was told by the pharmacist that it is Doxycycline, which there are several brands and had to call and get replaced! Wonder what "kick-back" the doc gets for writing this one?? THis is a hug problem in the medical and insurance fraud problems that I wish someone would approach! Very disappointed!!

Related Reading: doxycycline

Comment from: meesh, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 26

I've taken this medication for 3 years now!! It's the only thing that has ever worked for my acne...the first day i took it, my acne improved drastically...but like the others have posted, i must take it with food or else i will get really nauseous, even throw up....my doctor said it was OK to take long term....i hope it doesnt affect my liver, because i love it!

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I've been on this medication (150 mg/day) for one month. I had some severe acne above my lip for a few months and nothing was taking care of it. Went to the derm, got this and Ziana, and in conjunction they worked amazingly. My face is absolutely clear, not a single blemish or zit. I haven't decided if I want to get it refilled because it is supposedly very hard on your stomach, and I take enough pills as it is. Overall I had no severe side effects, maybe a headache but I get them often so I'm not certain if the Adoxa caused it or not.

Related Reading: acne | headache | adoxa

Comment from: cutezakry, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

I'm taking 150 mg capsules 2x a day for two weeks, third week and fourth week is 1 150 mg capsule a day. I'm on my third week. I continue to feel dizzy like that of nausea but the medicine really works great. The pimples dried out and no more skin break outs. It takes time though to completely dry all the pimples. One month of Adoxa intake.

Comment from: rantam, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

Makes me feel nauscious. I have difficulty making myself take it due to the stomach upset.

Comment from: Elyssa P., 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

I have been using this for about 3-4 weeks and it works great!! Sometimes I forget to take it for a day or two and a couple little pimples pop up. It works really well even before my menstrual cycle, which is when I tend to break out. Overall I haven't had any complaints or side effects to Adoxa.

Comment from: Zain from Pakistan, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

i have been taking this medicine for about 15 days, in starting my acne start disappearing but now its getting worse again. i m still using it though.. in first two days, when i took it, it stucked in my food pipe (i felt like that) caused severe pain and discomfort.. it also causes nausea all day and severe headaches.. it really hurts me :(

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 07

My doctor gave me samples of this medication and it works beautifully! So when I went to fill the script at my pharmacy I was given the generic doxycycline for $10. It did not work so well. My acne came back and may have been even worse. I spoke to my doctor and he wrote me a script for "name brand only". The name brand would cost me $475 for a 30 day script and that's with my insurance. Without insurance it would cost me $1500 a month. It should be illegal for a drug company to charge this. $50 a pill? Really? Absolutely unethical!

Related Reading: doxycycline

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 02

i am taking adoxa 150mg for 4 onths now. first 3 months i took it everyday day and then every other day. it worked, the only thing with adoxa, i get headache everyday. but my got clear. i tried so many and cream but nothing worked but adoxa.. i would really suggest to take adoxa..

Related Reading: adoxa

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

Taking this medication with food reduces it's effectiveness, and taking it on an empty stomach makes me very ill. So remembering to take it 2 hours after and 1 hour before eating is critical and makes it more likely to foget. But it absolutely works when I take it properly and has much fewer risks than the alternative (Accutane).

Related Reading: accutane

Comment from: perryray2012, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 23

It is a really good treatment for acne, these pills and the Epiduo gel work really good. Glad to finally get rid of this embarrassing self esteem lowing acne!!! There is one MAJOR problem I have with it, but it will affect all of us differently, but for me as labeled in the side affects.. Upset stomach.. My stomach gets so UPSET. Hardcore! Even when I am off it, I will have random bouts of upset stomach throughout the day, even for days off it. Last night I actually skipped taking one of the pills because my stomach was so bad I would have puked if I would have taken it. I have actually puked once from this, it's not that kind of upset stomach really, it feels like you are going to puke but you don't. It is really really annoying, sometimes i have to go into a room alone and just drop on the bed or something and take deep breathes and wait it out. My stomach is upset right now actually but it's not that bad and only lasts a couple minutes at a time. But I would defiantly rather have no acne than deal with an upset stomach!! P.S Cannabis sativa helps a lot!!!

Related Reading: epiduo

Fungal Skin Infections: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments See Slideshow
Published: March 10

For my daughter her Doctor prescribed Adoxa-when I sent my husband to CVS to buy the medicine, but when we heard of the price ($900), disbelief shot through us. What is this product, made of gold or what? I couldn't buy it.

Related Reading: adoxa

Comment from: Kat, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I am a 27 yr old female and i started getting acne in my 20s. I went to see a dermatogolist who concluded it was hormornal. At this point i had tried every acne cream from everywhere. So my doc prescribed Adoxa, Retin-A and Benzalin. My acne cleared up within a month. Adoxa was the miracle worker because after i stopped taking it (I take it a month at a time), I stay clear for a few months and then the pimples start to pop up again even with continued use of BenzaClin and RetinA. Taking it without food is best but i always got sick so i had something really light like crackers or a slice of bread with the drug.

Related Reading: acne | retin-a | benzaclin

Published: June 05

I've been taking Adoxa 150 mg for two months now, and my skin looks great! The only problem is that the medicine makes me sick, so I have to take it with food. It also gives me headaches. I think it is a great short term solution, but I wouldn't want to take it long term because the side effects aren't worth it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 09

I have been using adoxa 150mg once a day for over a month now to clear up my acne. I never had acne before and after stopping birth control my face had a major acne freak out fit. I have to take this with food because I got very nauseous and sick from taking it on an empty stomach. I have been having some mild diarrhea after being outside too long in the sun. And I must wear sunscreen & reapply every 2hrs. when going outside since I have already burned once. Overall I am happy that my skin is clearing up and the side effects are bearable. The dermatologist said I'll have to be on this for approx. 3-4months.

Related Reading: adoxa | diarrhea | sunscreen

Comment from: ~H, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

I have been taking this medication for Perioral Dermatitis for 3 weeks and I see a very small change in my skin. It defintely makes me sick so I HAVE to take it with food. I also notice headaches and I think it makes me really sensitive to alcohol (makes my heart race). All in all I will stick it out for the 6-12 weeks.

Comment from: Gsmpb5, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

This is week three of Adoxa 150 for Rosacea and Acne.At first all was well no symptoms with med but after 3 weeks I started with lower back pain. It has really cleared my skin and most cysts are gone but I might give my Dr. a call because of the lower back pain and I am suppose to be on this for 3 months. Possibly a lower dose might be better .

Related Reading: rosacea | acne | lower back pain