Advair HFA

Comment from: Lovean55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 05

This medicine did help my breathing but it sent my blood pressure thru the roof. That makes this asthma situation a double edge sword... do you die because you can't breathe or because of a stroke? Either way, I am unable to carry out normal everyday duties nor am I able to carry on a normal life. Other side effects are weight gain, irritability, sudden bouts of crying and general malaise.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 12

I read the review about the child having major behavior problems after starting Advair. I am wondering if that is our problem. Our daughter was very sweet and kind until 4 when she started Advair. We have had demanding, screaming fits since then and there is no major changes to cause this. I forgot her Advair (which we rarely do) the other morning and I realized we had no fits. This morning she woke up pleasant and within 2 minutes of administering the Advair, she errupted. Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

Comment from: Gail45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 14

I was recently diagnosed with Asthma. A big surprise since I have NEVER had breathing problems before. They say that it may be allergy triggered. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I had walking pneumonia the first of the year. That's when the problem started. They have me using the Advair disc, inhaler and a nebulizer. I was amazed. I could actually SLEEP again! Then, after I had been using it for about a month, I started having really bad cramps. At night, my toes, feet, calves, and thighs cramp. I jump out of bed several times a night. During the day, my fingers and hands cramp really bad. Once it starts, it will sometimes go on for an hour. It's very painful. Sometimes happens when I am doing nothing, but mostly starts when I grasp something. Like using a pen to write or holding a knife and fork to cut up my food. My doctor says that it may be the albuterol and suggested that I cut back on the usage. I gradually got off of the disc. I use the nebulizer every other day, unless I feel like I really need to use it. I use the inhaler when I feel like I need it. I still have the cramps, but not as often. Does anyone else have a problem with cramps??

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 23

My 10 year old grandaughter was prescribed Advair for her cronic asthma condition. Lately my grandaugher (who lives with me and her mother) has become very combative and her behavior is one of crying, screaming, demanding and uncontrolable. Does the affect of the steriod have anything to do with this new behavior??? Please help!!!!!!!!!Shas has recently moved in with me (she has wanted to for over a year now) and since she has been prescribed the Advair her behavior has changed dramidically.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 05

I had problems with oral irritation from the diskus dispite agressive rinsing and gargling after use to the point that our diet was going change. Also, the dry powder irritated my vocal cords, which is bad for singers. I love the Hfa version and highly recommend it. My only complaint is that you have to take two puffs instead of one.

Comment from: J.35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 06

From day 1, I had severe headaches. Especially after taking Advair before I went to bed, I would wake up with a really bad headache. Also started having bad muscle cramps in my feet and hands. Which is why my doctor took my off of Symbicort. Symbicort was about the same, worked great but had constant muscle cramps. I took myself off it, and those symptoms stopped. My back isn't hurting anymore either.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 12

I find Advair to be pretty effective in helping to control my Asthma and Allergies. I am all over the place in Asthma and Allergy symptoms, so it's hard to treat with just one drug. However, Advair and Singulaire together seem to be controlling it at the moment. My only issue with Advair is the dry mouth. I was advised to rinse out my mouth after taking to prevent this, but I noticed recently the water coming out of this is yellow. I'm a little concerned about what that could be, but because of it's benefits I can overlook it.

Comment from: breathless45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 04

I saw a pulmonologist re: shortness of breath. He diagnosed asthma and gave me the advair canister to use. It immediately made my voice hoarse and scratchy ( I am an attorney and need a voice). Then I woke up with muscle aches. Then I began coughing all night and a lot of the day. I could breath easier but the side effects caused me to quit using it. Also got migraines. Tried symbicort and lost the vision in my left eye for 15 minutes Scary!

Comment from: lynda55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 25

I have been on advair pump 115/21 for 2 months now and I have a new lease on life before I found my life restricted so much because I had such breathing problems, now things are almost back to normal.I have had no side affects only benefits.good to do normal things again, I find my allergies are better controlled and I can do normal things again, before I got out of breath just caring my purse.I can tolerate things that would have triggered an attack before,perfumes,smoke,humidity,pollen,dust,etc. I got to the point that breathing was very difficult, now I can carry out daily funtions with ease and have not needed a rescue inhaler.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 04

When I was first diagnosed with Asthma, I was put on Advair. The results were amazing, but soon after starting the routine, I lost my voice and had major issues talking, singing was an impossibility. My doctor swithced me to Symbicort and it is working great.

Comment from: Momon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 12

My elementary school daughter has asthma due to chronic sinusitus and takes Advair to help her manage the asthma. Daily, she complains of severe stomach aches. She's now on Prevacid to help control stomach acid yet she is going to the school nurse two times a day in severe pain. We've tried Mylanta and her teacher allows her to snack when she feels the stomach ache coming on. Has anyone experienced this side affect? Suggestions for improving quality of life?

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 25

I have asthma(just found out) and bronchitis. This drug doesn't make people gain weight, if anything you lose it. These people are probably unhealthy and do not work out. This thing does work great, but does sometimes lead to getting headaches a little easier and can make some people wheeze or lose their voice for sure. great drug none the less.

Comment from: BigVic25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 11

I just started using Advair and so far it has helped me tremendously the only side effect I have noticed is I am getting headaches now everyday. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Comment from: aniswrt55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 17

My biggest problem with this medication is that if I use it as prescribed, I end up with the flu symptoms but it isn't as bad as asmanex because I can take it only one puff at a time which works okay. I have allergies and it helps contain them but it makes my feet hurt terribly. I guess that's musculoskeletal pain. I can't take it too many days in a row but when I do take it, it is effective. I guess I'm just intolerant to some of it's effects.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 28

I wonder how long you should use the same inhaler?

Comment from: BAM19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 20

I wish I would have known about this drug years ago when I played sports. It has helped me out a lot.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 23

sudden severe elevation of blood sugar

Comment from: harrietwingeryahoo.com75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 20

I'm an older female who just got diagnosed with asthma. My Dr. put me onan Advair inhaler. It appeared to help with shortness of breath, but I did not like the horseness and inability to speak. I also had an irritated throat. I took myself off of this drug and after 3 days, I still have those side effects. When will they go away? My asthma is now under control.

Comment from: Older One65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 16

Several times immediately after taking the drug I was forced to use a rescue inhaler in order to breathe. Also, I think the drug affects the heart pulse rate (pulse will vary between 40 and 90 BPM within a short period of time - aproximately one minute).

Comment from: natvewmn45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 20

it first worked ,,but my throat started to swell after 3 days,,and it was very gradual ,,and after the 4th day my tongue swelled as well as my epiglotis muscle( part that hangs in back of throat like a pendulum) so i quit using it,,,u must b careful its not subtle at well,,,,,,,b watchful if u r asked to use it

Comment from: Kitty65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 05

I've always had allergies but as I became a senior (over60)I began having a problem smoothering and could not understand why. My doctor said I had developed asthma because of my allergies. She decided to prescribe advair and in the beginning prescribed the 250/50 twice a day for about 2 months and when my lungs cleared and my breathing improved she decided to prescribe the 100/50 twice a day. After about 2 months I now only use the 100/50 once a day, at night before I go to bed, and I now use my emergency inhaler only occasionally. I don't seem to have any side affects but sometimes I worry about the steriods and the dry powder going into my lungs. I'm not sure what the long term affects are as I've only been using Advair for about 3 years.

Comment from: dewwoman4565-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 23

have gained alot of wieght

QUESTION

Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease. See Answer
Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 05

Pretty effective after a few days of use. I did experience some difficulties with losing my voice and had to wean off of the medication. I am a teacher and definately need my voice! But it is effective to get your asthma under control.

Comment from: kimikstenglescheid 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 06

I have asthma and got a bad flu this winter. After 6 weeks the coughing wouldn't stop and I had gone through a rescue inhaler in less than 30 days. The doctor gave me a 2 week sample of Advair to see if it helped and I was amazed at the results. After 1 day there was no more coughing and I only used the rescue inhaler once. However the second week has come with awful headache that never really goes away. I have literally had a headache for one week and no matter what I take for it its still there. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it could be the Advair. The inhaler is now empty and I'm hoping the headache goes away. If it doesn't I will be going to my doctor for the headache and an Advair prescription! besideB the possible headache side affect Advair worked great.

Comment from: fada55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 01

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 01

Caused vision problems. Had to quit taking this med.

Comment from: buzza45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 27

uncertain, as use has just begun.

Comment from: [email protected] Published: April 06

I find it difficult to use an inhaler...always worried the medication doesn't get where it's supposed to..sometimes lands on tongue and reluctant to repeat....

Comment from: lu65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 07

Works well for me but i have terrible leg cramps..

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 17

Comment from: 55-64 Published: November 05

I, too, have just begun sing this Rx. I am having headaches and hope that I can continue to use it. I don't get headaches, generally, so this is bothersome.