Alinia

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

I've taken 3 of the 6 prescribed pills so far. The only side affects I've encountered is slight dizziness when standing too quickly, slight yellowing if the white part of my eyes, and neon yellow coloring of the urine on the first day.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Silverfox, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

I was experienicing chronic diarrhea and stool samples came back negative for any parasites or giardiasis but we decided to treat for them before we did a colonoscopy. I continued to have diarrhea through out treatment but by the second day after my last pill I was back to normal. I'm very grateful to this medication for giving me my life back!!

Comment from: AlabamaAJ, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

Started taking the drug for constipation, gas, and bloating that was not responding to any other treatments. I have been prescribed a course of 2 tablets a day for 20 days. So far the side effects are mild. I have bright colored urine, slight yellowing of the whites of my eyes, mild gas, and a dull headache. I am on day 3 of treatment. My bloating has subsided, and constipation seems to be lessened somewhat.

Related Reading: constipation | headache

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

This drug didn't work very well for me. Perhaps there was another antibiotic which could have been more effective. Still have diarhea and have to have more tests.

Comment from: ke, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I noticed a difference after the first day - near-normal bowel movements. I feel much better after two days of Alinia, and stomach discomfort is gone. Side effect of the meds for me are weird taste in mouth, slightly sleepy after taking the medicine. After the great results, however, I can't complain.

Related Reading: alinia

Comment from: RayeHawk, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

Gut symptoms much improved after first 2 doses, but the die-off has been unpleasant. Nausea, aches, sicky. 1 day left, thank goodness.

Comment from: anna, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

Bright yellow urine and severe pain in hip as almost not able to walk

Comment from: MartyP, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

A severe allergic reaction started on day three of taking this medication. Itching, swelling of skin in red patches and hives. Had to contact Doctor and get on Benedryl and predisone, immediately.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: 0-2 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 26

My 16 month old son took this medicine because he had diarrhea that would not go away. We had stool samples and did everything to treat it but his dr prescribed this medicine for him. He took it twice a day for 3 days. and by day 2 he was having solid bowel movements!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

it caused me to have multiple episodes of diarrhea and gas during the period I took the medication

Comment from: siboizzy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

My doctor prescribed Alinia (2 pills a day for 10 days) for my SIBO (Small intestinal bacteria overgrowth). I noticed Neon pee & a "medicine head" kind of dazed feeling but was still very productive & focused at work.

Related Reading: sibo

Comment from: holmes100, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

My movements are now normal & not diarrehea like. Used to be - after eating, I'd have to let it back out right away. At times, develop gas, then make the speed rush to let it out. I still get gas - but not running to handle bizness. I think I am going more often, but things are coming out normal! I was put on Nexium, after an endoscopy but it didn't help - at all! I am loving me some Alinia! yee haw!

Related Reading: nexium | alinia

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 15

Flagl only lasted and worked for a week this medication life saving

Comment from: lwoody, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

This med cost me over $108.00 at Costco for just SIX pills AND DID NOT Work!  I am now taking another pill prescribed by my doctor.

Comment from: Sue, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I have taken this drug for 3 days now (my Dr prescribed 7 days total)and I am having such severe leg cramps that it is hard to sleep and even walk. The drug seems to be affective expect for the leg cramps that cover both legs from top to bottom.

Comment from: bmslove, 0-2 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 25

My toddler used this medication twice so far and it works well for her. It does seem to make her a little dizzy though.

Comment from: pelusa359, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 12

I am on day 2 and had only taken 3 pills so far, on my first doses I experienced one episode of mild dizziness, in the middle of the night I woke up to severe stomach pain but no bowel movement. Today I took 2 and parts of my body ache, not all but in weird areas. My scalp has started to itch like I have lice at times. I am still bloated, my BM's are less, no diarrhea, I hope this works, I have been constipated for a while on and off, my hair is falling, I have horrible breakouts, and I am taking this for SIBO.

Related Reading: dizziness | itch | diarrhea

Comment from: Kim W., 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 03

My doctor made me wait 5 mos and $7000 of unnecessary tests and procedures before finally getting a positive result on a fecal that showed Giardia & C.difficilis. My daily diarrhea turned extreme on Alinia-so much so I thought I'd have to check myself into a hospital for the dehydration. Neon urine and yellow eyes and cramping are side effects. The pills are 6 for $500 too. I wish it had worked, but my chronic, persistent diarrhea returned as soon as I stopped this med.

Related Reading: dehydration

Comment from: linecorevixen, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 10

Tried Flagyl with no luck, vomited it back up. Had 2 weeks of diahrea and vomitting before getting this. Very spendy med at walmart $200.00, insurance wont cover. Once I got this, all symptoms stopped within first day. Noticed yellow urine though, have had headaches and neck stiffness, not sure if related. Without this, I was destined to return to ER. I agree, Lifesaver!!!

Related Reading: flagyl

Comment from: AB, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I have taken 3 out of the 6 pills that were prescribed after a month of gas, changed bowel movements, and aches and pains. So far I have experienced no relief, but this could be because of side effects. The day after the first pill, I had terrible diarrhea. Then I had nausea and heartburn. I did not know what I could eat. I'm still pretty miserable and am not sure whether this drug will work for me.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: Kirby, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

No one told me that this drug kills off good bacteria. It was given for crypto but then caused c diff as there was no good bacteria left to fight

QUESTION

About how much does an adult human brain weigh? See Answer
Comment from: sosickofbeingsick, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

I am on my fourth pill out of the prescribed six (500 mg) and have not seen any improvement. My diarrhea is most prominent within the 1-4 hours after taking a dose. My first dose caused green bile diarreha with sweat and chills. I have an extreme loss of appetite which is difficult because you need to take this medication with food. Stomach cramps are almost instant after eating or drinking anything. I will take the last two pills but I have not seen any improvement.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Girlygirl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 25

My husband had a liver transplant On Jan 28,2009,he acquired hepc from the army n Germany n 1976.He went thru muyiple treaments of peg-intron,n combination with 9ribavarin pills daily and also injections on infergen,w'9 ribavarin pills(250mg) daily,with the virus still agressing.B4 his transplant his viral load was 65million 3 mos after his transplant,April28,2009 it was 2 million.He has been the thrd [email protected] n Mem.TN approved 2 take Alinia(500mg)2times a day in conjunction with an injection of Pegasys(180mgc)weekly,with 1Ribavarin pill(250mg taken only 2times a day,(and usually after a transplat,Hep-c is up 2 twentyfold more aggressive9cause of the immunosuppresant).His viral load take after taking the Alinia in Conjuntion w'standard drugs given to combat hepc taken for 2&1/2 months has dropped to under 800,000,Alinia has not been marketed yet for transplant patients only,with Hep C,but I hope it will be soon,cause it has been a tremendous tool used n combination with standard hepc meds it to combat and bring down my husbands viral load significantly!!!!

Related Reading: liver | peg-intron | infergen

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

This drug after 4 days of use has caused the most painful neuropathy. I was taking nothing else so it has to be the Alinia.

Related Reading: alinia

Comment from: mother321143, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

After only two doses I have noticed an improvement wuth my condition.